Below are some good sites for finding information and advice on governance issues – whether you are a new community organisation starting out or an established voluntary organisation updating policies or looking for specialised training:
Small Charities Coalition – provides a range of information, support, mentoring and networking opportunities especially for smaller charities and their trustees.
smallcharities.org.uk. You’ll find an excellent library of online governance resources.
Charity Commission for England and Wales – the regulator of charities. It provides a wide range of useful free resources on different aspects of governance. (Much of their guidance is also helpful for non charities.) See charity-commission.gov.uk. You can sign up to receive Charity Commission News, their quarterly newsletter, especially good for charity trustees.
NCVO: National Council for Voluntary Organisations – Provides a very wide range of information and resources on most matters affecting the voluntary and community sector. It also runs a range of training courses (usually very good but a bit pricey) and has some excellent publications e.g. Good Trustee Guide. Find out more at ncvo.org.uk
DSC: Directory of Social Change – A leading provider of publications and training on voluntary sector issues at dsc.org.uk.
Regulator of community interest companies – provides information and resources at gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-regulator-of-community-interest-companies
Social Enterprise UK – provides advice information and services to social enterprises and helps social enterprises to network at socialenterprise.org.uk
ACEVO: Association of Chief Executives of Voluntary Organisations – has a range of resources and training events aimed at CEOs of voluntary sector organisations. See acevo.org.uk
The Surrey Skills Academy is currently offering the following elearning courses to voluntary sector organisations. Click on the course you require to access the elearning. If this is your first time accessing learning on the site you will be required to create an account in order to access the elearning. If you already have an account you will just need to login.
The following websites, directories and resources may be of interest for information relating to health & wellbeing in East Surrey:
- The Wellbeing Prescription website gives details of services that receive referrals through the Wellbeing Prescription project running across East and Mid Surrey. Many of these services are also open to self-referral.
- The Healthy Surrey website is useful for health and wellbeing information in Surrey.
- The Surrey Information Point is a directory for adults and Family information service is a directory for children and families.
- Active Surrey is a physical activity directory in Surrey.
- For more information about where you can order FREE health and wellbeing leaflets check out this document.