Date(s) - 14th Jul
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Surrey Fire & Rescue HQ
Surrey Fire and Rescue Service will open its doors to the public on Saturday 14 July 2018 at its headquarters in Reigate.
The popular event is a fun and informative day for children and adults alike, and was attended by over 3, 000 people last year. The 2018 open day will celebrate 70 years of Surrey Fire and Rescue Service and mark 100 years since the end of WW1 to remember those that gave their lives including 50 Surrey firefighters.
Also on the day:
- Meet firefighters and see vehicles and equipment including old and new fire engines, boats, water carriers and a horse!
- Activities for children including fire engine rides, hose squirting, bouncy castles, mini fire engines, face painting, colouring and giveaways
- Live entertainment from music band and radio broadcast
- Refreshments including hot food stands, a sweet stall and ice creams
- Picnic area with Orchestra
- Demonstrations including firefighting through the ages, road traffic collisions, fire service dogs, CPR and rescues at height
- Experience what it’s like to be a firefighter in our smoke filled room
- Visit Reigate fire station, workshops and museum
- Learn vital fire safety advice
- Visit information stands from other emergency services and exhibitors
- Opportunity to buy fire service merchandise, books and balloons.
The open day runs from 10am to 4pm at SFRS HQ, Croydon Road, Reigate, RH2 0EJ. Please note for safety reasons there won’t be any parking on site except for exhibitors and blue badge parking. See www.surrey-fire.gov.uk for alternative parking options.