Date(s) - 25th Oct
9:15 am - 4:30 pm
MECC and WoW Briefing
Each workshop lasts half a day, scheduled on the same day so you could attend both together.
9:15 to 12:30 Workshop –
What is Making Every Contact Count (MECC)?
“Making every contact count (MECC) is an approach to behaviour change that utilises the millions of day to day interactions that organisations and people have with other people to encourage changes in behaviour that have a positive effect on the health and wellbeing of individuals, communities and populations.”
Please complete the MECC e learning before attending the course. Available online, this training takes an hour and a half and includes the following 4 modules:
- Module One – Introduction to Making Every Contact Count
- Module Two – Introduction to Skills
- Module Three – Introduction to Lifestyle Topics
- Module Four – Information, Signposting and Your Organisation
To register and access the training please click here. Further detail about the registration process is available in this document.
13:15 to 16:30 Workshop –
What is the Wheel of Wellbeing (WoW)?
“Body. Mind. Spirit. People. Place. Planet. Welcome to the Wheel of Well-being (WoW). If you’re interested in health and happiness, from a personal or a professional perspective”. Then WoW is likely to be of interest to you. WoW suggests six achievable steps that are proven to boost wellbeing.
Further information and WoW resources can be found here:
- The WoW video
- Visit the Surrey specific WoW website or the national WoW website, both provide many suggestions and resources.
- Order WoW resources for FREE, including leaflets, posters, action cards and the WoW game. You can find the WoW order form here, please return to firstname.lastname@example.org.