Date(s) - 28th Mar
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Reigate Town Hall
- Are you looking for new trustees, but finding it difficult to recruit?
- Do you have skill gaps on your Board of trustees?
The East Surrey Trustee Network provides an opportunity for trustees from across the area to receive and share information and ideas on issues that are relevant to them. Previous topics have included: Good Governance and Fundraising Strategies.
The next Trustee Network event will focus on “Recruiting Trustees”. This is an issue facing many voluntary organisations across East Surrey. (According to a report by Surrey Community Action, 48% of voluntary organisations in Surrey cannot find enough skilled trustees). The following topics will be covered through presentations, case studies and discussions:
- Preparing to recruit – thinking through the skills and experience your organisation needs
- Getting the message out there – how to reach your target audience of potential trustees
- Having an application and appointment process in place – the role of existing trustees in making appointments
This event will be facilitated by Skylark Charity Support Network in partnership with Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead and Tandridge Voluntary Action.
Free parking is available at the Town Hall in Reigate. Light refreshments will be available from 6.30pm, ready for a 7.00pm start. This event is free of charge to trustees active in East Surrey, but please register in advance – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01737 763156.