Date(s) - 18th Apr
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Oxted Community Hub
2 sessions, one held in Oxted and one in Lingfield, choose the session that suits you best.
£40 to members and £45 to non-members.
- Wednesday 18 April – choice of venue –
- 10 – 1pm at Oxted Community Hub, Gresham Road, Oxted RH8 0BQ
- 2pm – 5pm at Lingfield Community Centre, High Street, Lingfield, RH7 6AB
This course is ideal for new trustees, giving an overview of the role and your responsibilities, so that you can be confident and successful in your new position.
This course covers everything from charity law to duties and liabilities, leaving you ready to lead your organisation effectively.
- Charity law and the role of the board
- Company law and the role of directors of charitable companies
- Board and trustee duties and liability
- Terms of reference of board officers
- Strategic direction and financial management in brief
- Selection, recruitment, induction and training of trustees
- Board interaction with staff: policies, procedures and reporting
Who should sign up?
Charity trustees who want a good understanding of the fundamentals of being a trustee. Staff in charities who need to know what trustees do, will also find the course useful.
What will I get out of it?
- Develop further skills in your role as a trustee
- Work more effectively as a member of the governing board
This training has been organised by VARB’s sister organisation Tandridge Voluntary Action. To register please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org