This Trust is revising its grants programme in line with its new five-year strategy.
The current grants programme includes five separate grants, two of which have now closed for applications, with three open for application for another couple of months. Each of these existing grants schemes will close at the next deadline, at which point the entire grants programme will be closed until the three new grants schemes open before the end of the year.
The new criteria will include:
- 50% fundraising in place at the point of application (grant awards will never exceed 50%).
- Applicants must be a Christian denomination, with a building constructed as a place of worship and open for regular worship use, located in the UK.
- Work must not have started at the point the application was submitted.
- Work must be to the church building or an attached hall.
- Applicants must demonstrate how they meet the outcomes in line with the new strategy:
- Preserving heritage
- Promoting sustainability
- Inspiring support
- Projects at listed buildings must be led by a conservation accredited professional.
- Applicants must have at least two quotes in place at the point of application, and any necessary permissions.
- Places of worship must be open beyond worship for at least 100 days per year.
There is particular interest in good projects from the priority areas of the North East of England, Northern Ireland and Wales.