Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead – Aspire Project Coordinator
Location: Based in Redhill, to cover the Borough of Reigate & Banstead and Tandridge.
Hours: 30 per week (flexible working hours to be agreed); 12 month contract, with option to extend subject to funding. Salary: £16,392 per annum (£20,490 per annum F.T.E) Holiday: 150 hours
Reporting to: Volunteer Centre Manager
Purpose: To carry out the Aspire Supported Volunteering project in the Borough of Reigate & Banstead, with some delivery in the Tandridge area.
- To identify and work on a one to one basis with individuals with a variety of support needs who would like to volunteer e.g. ex-offenders, people with disabilities & mental health issues.
- To establish and maintain strong relationships with a range of support agencies.
- To ensure each individual’s needs are met throughout the process to work with ex-offenders to help with their Disclosure Statements.
- To identify suitable volunteer opportunities with local Voluntary, Community and Faith organisations, and statutory bodies.
- To work with organisations that take on Aspire volunteers to ensure that the needs of both the individual and the organisation are met on an ongoing basis.
- To provide statistical data and report on the project, including to the project’s funders.
- To attend meetings and events, give presentations and advertise the project with the support of the team.
- Organise training and network events for organisations and volunteers.
- Non-judgemental and caring outlook, and able to work with people from all walks of life.
- Organised and able to work both on their own initiative and as part of a small team.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work in a confidential manner.
- Computer literate, with a good knowledge of MS Windows or equivalent.
- Car driver and own transport.
- Experience of working with people with extra support needs and/or volunteers.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th May 2018
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 5th June 2018
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the person specification to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is funded by the Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner for Surrey.