Not long now until the nomination deadline, Friday, 4th May 2018The Mayor's Volunteer Awards 2018
The Mayor of Reigate & Banstead, wants all residents, community groups and voluntary organisations to nominate their dedicated volunteers to receive a Mayor’s Voluntary Award in recognition of the valuable work they do. The Mayor said: “With an ageing population, an uncertain economic future, and increasing costs the need for volunteering will continue and may increase. Already a large number of our residents volunteer in some form or another. Their activities improve the lives of many of their fellow citizens and they deserve recognition for their efforts.”
Volunteers can be nominated in six award categories:
- Young Volunteer Award – for 16-25 year old volunteers who are reliable and committed to their role, have gone above and beyond the standard expectation for their age and who have used their own volunteer experience to inspire others.
- Volunteer Award – for volunteers over the age of 25 years who have exceeded what would normally be expected of them and demonstrated their outstanding commitment to their role as a volunteer, having shown a high level of motivation to make a difference in the area they work.
- Long Service Award – for volunteers that have completed a considerable length of voluntary service, 10 years or more.
- Individual Trustee Award – this category would include the Chairman, Treasurer or Secretary who have shown due diligence, good governance and commitment in the running of a voluntary organisation for the minimum of a year, providing outstanding support, guidance and inspiration to the organisation.
- Volunteer Team Award – for two or more volunteers or trustees who have demonstrated great teamwork, provided support and encouragement for other volunteers, and made a significant and positive impact through working together.
- Business Award – this award is for businesses who have been involved in a project or activity which has helped the community. Activity could include volunteering, mentoring, work with local schools, supporting local groups, pro bono work or anything else that has a positive impact on the local community.
Volunteers must live and/or volunteer in the borough and not receive any remuneration for their time.
The closing date for nominations is Friday, 4th May 2018.
The annual award scheme, now in its fifteenth year, was set up to recognise the unrewarded heroes who do a great amount of valuable work for the borough and its community and to show appreciation for their selfless service. The scheme is organised by Reigate & Banstead Borough Council in partnership with Voluntary Action Reigate and Banstead.
Alisdair Semple, Trustee of Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead said “Winston Churchill once said ‘We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.’ Volunteers enrich the lives of others, and themselves.”
To nominate please visit the council’s website: www.reigate-banstead.gov.uk/mayorsawards.
If you require further information please contact Voluntary Action Reigate & Banstead by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01737 763156.
Nominated volunteers should not be informed of their nomination. Successful nominees will be invited to a special awards ceremony which will be held in Reigate Town Hall in July.
Please read the Guidelines before submitting a nomination