Citizen Advice Reigate & Banstead are looking for a Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator. You will mainly be based at their bureau in Banstead with occasional meetings across the Borough. The purpose of the role is to assist the bureau in obtaining resources for the services they provide to the local community. This could be: money, help in kind and equipment.
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Identifying possible sources of funding in the community such as: local businesses, individuals and charitable trusts.
- Working with the Fundraising Sub-committee to fit funders to projects being developed in the bureau.
- Developing a relationship with local funders so that they are aware of bureau activities.
- Developing and maintaining a database of supporters and donors.
- Communicate with donors and interested parties in a timely and courteous manner and record communications on the data base.
- Write to regular donors who have reached an anniversary or stopped their donations.
- Assist with the compilation of our Monthly Newsletter and liaise regularly with our Research and Campaigns coordinator.
- Prepare progress updates on campaigns for our social media outlets.
- Developing a ‘Friends of the bureau’ group to encourage and promote community fundraising.
- Facilitating the Fundraising sub-committee within the bureau.
- Assisting with the drafting and preparation of publicity materials for fundraising campaigns.
- Support the Fundraising sub-committee with organising fundraising events.
- Assist the Fundraising sub-committee to explore new opportunities.
- Willingness to attend and contribute to bureau volunteer meetings and training sessions.
- Identify and undertake further training where necessary.