The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award volunteering role is part of their commitment to involve young people in library services, and is aimed at young people aged 14–24 years who are enrolled in further education. The role is ongoing throughout the year and would generally involve 2 hours volunteering per week.
Here are some of the activities/services you may be asked to deliver:
- Helping customers to borrow, renew or return items at the Self Service Kiosk
- Helping customers to reserve items and show them where to find stock using the online library catalogue
- Replacing items in the correct place on shelves/displays and ensuring they are in good condition
- Working with library staff on relevant stock related activities, including unpacking of stock from deliveries to the library and placing in the correct area
- Using social media to promote events and activities within the library