This voluntary position in The Children’s Trust’s busy Events Fundraising team will provide practical experience in all aspects of the team’s event planning and management activities, with a specific focus on their sporting events. The internship will last approximately 3 months. During this time you will help them positively promote and raise awareness of The Children’s Trust’s important work whilst gaining valuable experience in charity sector events.
What will the role involve? You will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of activities, including:
- Support to the Events Fundraising Team on a range of sports events (e.g. Ride London, Royal Parks, London – Canterbury Cycle)
- Marketing (e.g. promotion of the events, database maintenance)
- Writing and PR (e.g. communications to event participants, online listings and articles)
- Digital communications (e.g. web editing, management of intranet pages)
- Various administrative tasks.
What skills and experience will you need? They’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent communications skills
- Highly organised
- Able to work using your own initiative
- Able to communicate with all levels of personnel within a corporate environment
- Computer literate.