The Children’s Trust are looking for collection box coordinators to help them raise over £75,000 every year.
Coordinators place their boxes in their local community and every few months tally up the funds before paying into The Children’s Trust.
You’ll develop relationships with your local shops, businesses and other organisations, tell them about The Children’s Trust and encourage them to fundraise for them by placing one of their boxes in their establishment.
What will the role involve?
- Identifying and placing collection boxes in suitable locations
- Speaking confidently about the work of The Children’s Trust and the difference the boxes will make
- Emptying boxes every 3-6 months (as they get full) and banking the income through the paying in book provided. Give a receipt and letter of thanks to the hosts
- Keeping a written record of the location of all boxes for your supervisor, the dates they are emptied and the dates/amounts banked
- If boxes aren’t collecting much, you’ll decide to move them to a better location.
What skills and experience will you need?
- Experience of working on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- A ‘can do’ attitude