We have been advised of an opportunity to attend a FREE NHS health check, by Surrey County Council.
In Summary the NHS health check programme is:
- Aimed at adults in England aged 40 to 74 who do not have certain pre-existing conditions. It checks your vascular or circulatory health and works out your risk of developing some of the most disabling – but preventable – illnesses.
- It checks that some of your body’s most important systems are all running smoothly. Among other things your blood pressure, cholesterol, and BMI will all be checked and your results given to you.
- Crucially, your NHS Health Check can detect potential problems before they do real damage. Everyone is at risk of developing heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, kidney disease and some forms of dementia. The good news is that these conditions can often be prevented.
- Your NHS Health Check will assess your risk of developing these health problems and give you personalised advice on how to reduce it.
- It’s free of charge, including any follow-up tests or appointments.
If you think health checks could be of interest to a group please contact Clare Burgess, Public Health Development Worker, Surrey County Council – T. 0208 541 8748 or email email@example.com. If you have a large enough eligible group it will be possible for Clare to arrange for health checks to be delivered at a venue of your choice. Otherwise health checks are available for free at GP surgeries and pharmacies across Surrey, to find out where click here.
To check the eligibility criteria for the health check please click here.
Please share with your networks and promote where you can.
Our lifestyles can be more unhealthy than we think. Take the free health quiz to see how you score.