Funding for Groups
The Community Foundation for Surrey supports local charities, community and voluntary groups in Surrey and is able to fund a wide range of activities awarding grants to support project cost, core costs or capital costs. Funds totalling £1M are available for 2017/18 and expressions of interest are accepted at any time.
Amongst the funds open for applications are the following;
Applications are invited from projects in Tandridge, Reigate & Banstead and Mole Valley
- Employment, training & skills – Helping people to gain confidence and raise aspirations through training and development of new skills;
- Families – Supporting families and children in need and projects which combat social isolation and disadvantage;
- Widening horizons / providing opportunities – supporting projects that enable young people to have opportunities that they would not otherwise have and to help them to widen their horizons and aspirations.
Youth Social Action
Grants of £1,000 – £5000 are available to support youth volunteering/campaigning projects. No expression of interest is required. You can find the criteria and guidance along with the application form here http://www.cfsurrey.org.uk/fund/youth-social-action-fund/ and the deadline is Friday 1st December
Strategic Projects Fund
Grants of £5,000 – £20,000 are available to support strategic projects which help the young and/or disadvantaged to achieve their potential in Surrey.
The applicant must be a registered charity that has been in existence for at least 3 years, with a demonstrably strong track record & in robust financial health Applications will typically be considered for:
- Capital expenditure – including equipment, new construction, renovation, and expansion which are critical to sustainability and achieving mission
- Strategic IT projects – including investments in hardware/software which will enable expansion or efficiency in service delivery. (The standalone replacement of dated office IT equipment will not be considered).
- Strategic organisational developments – including mergers and planning initiatives which use expert consultants to determine new, transformational paths
Projects for Young people
- Raising aspirations through training and skills and education for disadvantaged young people
- Access to sport and recreation for young people and helping young people through sport
- Projects for children and young people with disabilities,
Funding for Individuals
Surrey Young People’s Fund
The Community Foundation is seeking applications from young people in Surrey to help them gain access to training and employment. For more see: http://cfsurrey.org.uk/fund/the-surrey-young-peoples-fund/
Supporting people with disabilities or mental ill health to overcome the barriers to work http://www.cfsurrey.org.uk/fund/surrey-supported-employment-fund/
2018 Application deadlines
From March 2018 the Community Foundation will be operating Quarterly deadlines. The aim is to improve clarity for applicants and maintain a three-month decision process. Expressions of interest will still be accepted at any time.
- 30th March
- 29th June
- 28th September
- December 28th
To discuss your project call Community Foundation for Surrey on 01483 478092