ESDAS are looking to extend their team of volunteers in order to enhance the support services they offer to those affected by domestic abuse throughout the Borough of Reigate & Banstead and the districts of Tandridge and Mole Valley. Opportunities include direct client support including 1:1 befriending, ad-hoc support at various appointments and helping with their group work programme.
Other roles may include, but are not limited to, helping with event planning, publicity and awareness raising, helping out in the office etc.
Volunteers with personal experience of domestic abuse welcomed (subject to adequate recovery time), however personal experience is not essential.
Their next mandatory 2 day induction programme will take place on 4th & 5th December, (2 full days), in Redhill. The majority of support needed will be during office hours and therefore availability during weekdays is desirable, as is the ability to drive and access to a car. They are currently only able to accept female volunteers for the direct client support roles. No specific qualifications are required but the following list of requirements is essential:
- Ability to be non-judgemental, empathetic and flexible in approach.
- Good communication & listening skills.
- Ability to work within confidentiality protocols.
- Willingness to attend on-going training, supervision and volunteer meetings.
- Access to own transport is highly desirable.
- All out of pocket expenses reimbursed.