Date(s) - 26th Jun
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This is a free course offered by Surrey County Council through the Surrey Skills Academy. Although primarily aimed at employees of SCC it is also relevant to those working in the voluntary sector.
Aims and objectives
• To appreciate the importance of budgets and your role in managing value and performance
• To support sound financial management across the organisation.
Target Audience: All managers and budget holders.
By the end of the training, participants should be able to:
• Understand the Surrey budgeting context.
• Understand different types of budgeting and how to apply them in practice.
• Identify ways for improving value for money and the return on every £ spent at Surrey.
• What is a budget and the benefits of budgeting
• Value of keeping your budget to hand every day
• Budgeting behaviours and critical success factors
• Building an incremental and zero based budget
• Understanding the relevance of cost drivers and unit costs
To register, please complete the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any queries please call 0208 541 7213.