Date(s) - 21st Jun
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
This is a free course offered by Surrey County Council through the Surrey Skills Academy. Although primarily aimed at employees of SCC it is also relevant to those working in the voluntary sector.
• To build on other financial workshops in the series (financial acumen, thinking like an entrepreneur, investment appraisal), introduce the concept of optimising income and how this can be achieved.
• To help SCC deliver even better results for every £ spent.
Target Audience: All managers and budget holders.
By the end of the training participants should be able to:
• Understand the importance of income generation to the future of the Council/your organisation
• Understand the importance of optimising income
• Explain the revenue streams available to SCC and how we can generate income
• Stimulate ideas for optimising income
• Identify cost drivers within different services and different projects.
The workshop will seek to introduce content that will be useful when assessing the performance of SCC from a commercial perspective.
Specific content to be covered will include:
• The concept of income generation including legal aspects and how it can be achieved within SCC
• Comparing income generation against other councils
• Building a business case for generating income
• Using a simple costing model.
As a rule we look to demystify Finance by providing a fun and safe learning environment. The ½ day workshop will be a blend of team based interactions, individual contribution and presentations.
Pre Event Requisites: Read through pre-reading document provided.
To register, please complete the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any queries please call 0208 541 7213.