This new funding programme offers grants of between £5,000 and £20,000 to support project, capital or core costs of work which benefits older people (aged 50 years and over). Priority may be given to applicants that work with people aged 65 years and older.
The funding is for projects which take place between April 2018 and the end of March 2019 and achieve one of the following aims:
- Help to reduce isolation amongst older people.
- Increase the involvement of older people in their community.
Examples of eligible projects include:
- IT courses/support for older people.
- Projects that provide older people with volunteering opportunities.
- Befriending projects.
- Sport or physical activities such as dance, walking football, yoga classes, cycling.
- Social activities such as coffee mornings, theatre trips, or outings.
- Arts and crafts, music, drama activities/ classes.
Applications will be accepted from constituted community groups, voluntary organisations, charities, community interest companies and social enterprises, charitable incorporated organisations and companies limited by guarantee without share capital in London that have an annual income of less than £500,00. Priority may be given to applicants with an income of less than £250,000.
The deadline for applications is 29 September 2017 (5pm).