The SUEZ Trust is currently accepting applications from not-for-profit organisations in England for projects under the following objects of the Landfill Community Fund:
- Object D – Public Amenities: Funding is available for projects which provide, maintain or improve an amenity that is used primarily for leisure and recreation.
- Object DA – Biodiversity: Funding is available for projects which conserve biodiversity through the provision, conservation, restoration or enhancement of a natural habitat or the maintenance or recovery of a species in its natural habitat.
- Object E – Historic Buildings, Structures or Sites: Funding is available for projects which include maintaining, repairing or restoring a building, other structure or a site of archaeological interest which is a place of religious worship, or a site of historic or architectural or archaeological interest and is open to the public.
Applications can be made to the:
- Primary Fund for grants of up to £50,000, as long as the project has an overall cost of less than £100,000.
- Smaller Project Fund for grants of up to £20,000 as long as the project has an overall cost of less than £40,000.
This funding is open to organisations that are run on a not-for-profit basis in England. This could include community groups, parish councils, charities, community interest companies, sports clubs, community associations, local authorities and voluntary organisations.
Organisations must own or hold a lease for the project site with at least 10 years remaining. Projects applying for Public Amenity, Biodiversity or Historic Building funding must be on a site that is in the vicinity (within three miles) of a landfill site or transfer station.
The next deadline for applications is 2 October 2017 (5pm)